Batch upload videos to Youtube from Synology DS

Like many people, I thought it would be great to backup my videos to my Synology DS, and then have the DS upload them to youtube. Infact, the documentation claims Photostation 6 can do this from withing the DSM.

Sadly it turns out that you can only send them one at a time to Youtube from Photostation.

My workaround has been:
  1. Install Cloud Sync package on Synology.
  2. Set up my GDrive account in CloudSync to sync in one direction (upload from Synology only).
  3. On the DS, copy a batch of movies from their usual directory to the new sync directory for GDrive.
  4. Sit back and wait, as synology moves all those files to GDrive.
  5. The next day, go to Youtube, click upload. 
  6. Select, 'upload from Photos'.
  7. Here I find all the movies that synology moved to gdrive.
  8. Youtube still has to process them, but the batch upload is done, and the processing doesn't take too long.
  9. When processing is done, I remove the movies from the sync directory on DS, which seems to automatically delete them on GDrive through sync.

Comments

  1. This solution has expired since Google removed the feature that people could import videos directly from Google Photo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On the homogenisation of time

Air China Rant